Accoya® – Innovation in wood
Accoya® wood is a long-lasting, non-toxic wood, sourced from sustainable FSC certified wood. It is a high-performance wood, ideal for outdoor use and challenging applications.
Accoya® wood is based upon acetylated wood technology. Modifying the chemical structure of natural wood it changes the free hydroxyls within the wood into acetyl groups. As a result the ability of wood to absorb water is greatly reduced, rendering the wood more dimensionally stable and extremely durable.
Thanks to its outstanding durability and other benefits Accoya® wood has been certified repeatedly for its sustainability.
For more information please visit www.accoya.com.
Durable, stable and sustainable modified wood
- Swelling and shrinkage reduced by 75% or more
- Doors and windows open effortlessly year round
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Lasting 50 years above ground, 25 years in ground/freshwater Class 1 durability, surpassing even teak
- Virtually rot proof
- 70 year minimum service life stated by TRADA
Perfect for coating
- Improved stability means coatings last up to two times longer
- Easier to coat, less preparation and sanding required
C2C Gold Certificate
Accoya® wood is one of the very few building products to have acquired Cradle to CradleSM Certification on the exclusive Gold level.
Forest Stewardship Councils® (FSC®) are regarded as the leading and most comprehensive certification programs available.
Nordic Ecolabelling Licence
The outstanding green credentials of Accoya®, have been officially recognised by Europe’s Nordic nations with the award of the Svanen Ecolabel.